View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ConfusedDaily

The "intervention" was earlier today. He stayed mum and didn't talk much. His mother cried, his father tried to speak to him sensibly, he was just quiet. On our way home, I asked my bf if he felt betrayed/hurt. He said yes, he couldn't believe I went behind his back to talk to his parents.

It came from a good place. I wasn't trying to instigate a rift in his relationship with his parents. I just know that his mom has a world of hurt, and she probably feels better now after telling him how she feels.

He then grabbed beers at the gas station and drank while I drove. We had to stop multiple times because he had to pee. I don't know how to not be an "enabler". He was pretty upset, I feel like if he didn't stop to get beer he would have just fought the whole way home. I took him to the store right by our house so he could have enough beer to get him through the night...

We talked more when we got home. Pretty much all he had to say was I had no right to talk to his parents behind his back. He said, I was the only person who he could trust and now he has to keep his feelings buried and he couldn't tell me anymore. All I want is for him to get better and see that he has a solid support team behind him... He doesn't trust me anymore, so he drank more because he's depressed.

He's now asleep. I'm not sure how to feel anymore. I don't want to be in a relationship where there is no trust and potentially no future.

This is my every weekend - he drinks and sleeps. When he is up he just fights and then wants to have sex. I don't know how long I can do this for. I wish that he could see how many people he was hurting by killing himself slowly with each beer.