Old 08-28-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LordChallen

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
LordChallen....a very interesting post....
As a side note....I am struck at how your description of "cannot keep jobs, cannot focus for long, and freak out under pressure" fits the description of untreated Adult Attention deficit Disorder".....it is for certain that so man, many, homeless and those in jail/prison suffer from this common and undiagnosed disorder, also.....
thanks for this post....
I'm with the school of thought that says, ADD, ADHD, OCD, ODD, and other O's and D's and Asperger's all belong what we call the autism spectrum.

Most of my "education" came by way of spiritual pursuit and personal experience with myself and family.

I don't believe in evil in the sense that most people do, but I do have a definition for it.

Evil, e-veil, or even "energy veil."

Basically, we are good people. Life is good. God is good. Anything that falls under the spectrum of "stupid, insensitive, or evil" are mental or emotional blocks in the mind that cut us off from natural feedback from the world.

The mind is inherently designed to process feedback from the world. In other words, if we hurt someone, (according to the rule we have accepted) the mind tries to inform us and correct our behavior. Same with hurting ourselves, as in the mind context our body is actually in the 3rd person. But if this information doesn't come through, then people are "allowed" to do stupid, cruel, and insensitive things.

But even so, that information keeps trying to come through. In the case of alcohol, they are perhaps more equipped to address this stuff. But they don't and they cope by drinking. They stop off the message system that tries to correct their behavior.

The 12 steps is a way of "manually" processing these emotions, as is sharing and talking about them.

People on the autism spectrum . . . . . as a whole, don't have a system to address their needs. But its sort of the same. But because of their social awkwardness the problems compound over time. It takes some pretty serious love and support as well as mild isolation from the real world for guys to be ok.