Old 08-28-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nata1980

Just wanted to offer support and say that whoa - our stories are similar, down to autism spectrum part, and highly educated A who screwed up their career, while becoming less employed with each relapse. He also had secret slips.

I felt like I had to have his help with DS, after rehab, and then found out that he drank DS's cough syrup (which he got from his pediatrician and which DS did not really need) while I left them alone for a couple of ours. That was a final straw and I asked him to leave and not come back. He ended up 250 miles away from us

it is comforting that you have your parents close by, I have no one except sitters (and they are awesome), went to boss, explained the situation (high level), able to work VO and flexible schedule when needed now.

He did threaten me throughout marriage that I could not do it without him - I am doing it. First couple of weeks were rough with him not being there, but DS adjusted and his behaviour improved at school very much. He went to a large camp this summer - no problems, and is in 1 new activity and two sports activities now. In fact, DS is in more activities and happier than he has ever been

So there we have it, I take DS to grandma where A resides, once/twice per month, he saw him a whole 4 times since February. Divorced last week. Got a job, going to pay child support. So far so good. Attitude was dry drunk for a long while (stress of divorce did not help), I see inprovements this week.

Hang in there