Old 08-27-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
nyala

Hi Nalanda,

I know I'm 'done'. But I approach each day with a plan to go to bed sober - or not wake up with a hangover - same thing.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired - and I know, finally know that I have broken drinking forever. I will never enjoy a drink again. One will never be enough. What is the point of moderating ? I'm the guy who gets hammered. That's me.

So - clearly - I have no desire to go there - ever.

But for me one day at a time works to ensure that this promise to myself has the maximum chance of being delivered.

Sobriety - being teetotal - has allowed me to live more in the present, and this in turn has brought many benefits in all areas of life.

I want to live a long life, I want to stay fit and healthy, I want to have unbroken sobriety from today until I die.

But. I'm not in control of the 100000 combinations of events that contribute to those wishes.

However, I am largely in control of what happens today - and how I react to things. My objective is to deal with life as it happens without picking up a drink. And then be grateful when I go to bed sober.

Tomorrow is another day.

You are doing a great thing by embracing this journey. I wish you every strength.

Fradley