Old 08-27-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Nalanda

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
Hi Nalanda , Its good your here and posting . I don't know if you have tried AA but they would explain that being sober/teetotal for 24 hours is the way to start building up abstinance 1 day at a time . I personally don't use AA but have done in the past and the 1 day at a time phsycology is very wise .
It's all relative I suppose.

There are plenty of binge drinkers and problem drinkers who probably don't drink on a daily basis but when they do drink......havoc. Problems with police, relationship problems, health at risk.

Now, they should really quit as alcohol does not suit them. But in their case as they were not daily drinkers I can't see how the "daily reprieve" is relevant to them. Alcoholic by what it does to them or by the quantity that they drink.

I'm thinking of trying it though, to meet others etc even though there's a lot that I don't really agree with. But take the good right

I get what you're saying about the one day. You can only live in the present moment. But I kind of agree with Steven Covey that weekly planning is more optimal.