Thread: Why I drink...
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Katzen

I have managed to cut back, a couple months ago I drank a 750 ml bottle a day, so I've managed to cut it in half. But having trouble cutting back more without getting the shakes, but I am trying and may be having some success. I usually take a small swig every few hours to stop the shakes, and have tried to take smaller swigs which didn't seem to be working, still ended up consuming half a bottle. Past 2 days I've added water to the bottle so my swigs contain less alcohol, and I am hopeful this will work for me, it seems to be working today.

Nearest hospital that takes my health insurance is an hour away... I know it would be best to see a doctor but am trying desperately to cut back on my own and I believe a huge step is that I finally realized drinking is going to eventually damage my health. When I had complete blood work done a few months ago all my levels were fine, so I think that's why I continued to drink so much back then, it didn't seem to affect my health.

I've also been thinking about WHY I drink, which I believe is a big step forward for me. I've recently started drinking tea... And am hoping can replace the alcohol for tea when I feel the need to drink to relax.