View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Nata1980

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I still don't think it necessarily will be as horrible and messy and contentious as you fear. I think there might be a lot of stuff early on, as he maybe tries to scare you out of it, but don't borrow trouble when it hasn't arrived yet. Prepare for the worst, but don't live there--it may not ever come to pass.
Yes, this. Early on, XAH was ranting about how he will take me for the money, house, etc since he was a "stay - at - home dad" for years, I gently reminded him that his education level exceeds mine and DS was in full time school/daycare/aftercare. And that with his track record of rehab stays and documented substance abuse, I advised him not to fight me. I said it calmly, over and over, I had a talk with his relatives and his AA sponsor, who encouraged him to go fight me.

All his "fight" was smoke in mirrors. He either was too flaky to seek legal advice, or he had his HP come upon him that told him it was a right thing to do, but he called me and said he meditated on it, and he will sign everything. The way I had it. In the best interest of our child and myself. I am thankful for that.

There is a good chance that whether he is consumed by addiction, or early recovery, that he does not have a real fight in him.