View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ConfusedDaily

Confused and Angry

My boyfriend & I moved to a new state last year. We were only together a few months before we moved. He told me he has a drinking problem and I kind of just brushed it off like it was nothing.

We lived in a hotel until we found a house (I already had a job, he did not). He was drunk by the time I got back from work to the hotel everyday. Again, I figured it was because he was bored and didn't have anything else to do.

Now, we have been in our house a little under a year. He works the day shift and I work swing. He gets home and first thing he does is grab a beer. By the time I come home, he is WASTED every night. He probably drinks a 12 pack a night.

One night, we were watching Intervention and he broke down and was begging me to take him to rehab. He didn't want anything but to go to rehab. I tried to reason with him and told him it's not at easy as watching a show and going to rehab. We need to inform his family, his work, our landlord... Next morning, he wakes up and brushes it under the rug. I honestly don't know if he even remembers it or not.

I finally get him to go to therapy. The therapist suggested he go to detox that day. He of course, said no. Yesterday, I went and saw his therapist and was told detox will not cut it for him. He's been drinking for over 10 years. He has to go to rehab.

I contacted his mother (he does not know) and we talked all morning about how great it will be if he cleans up his act. She genuinely misses her son. When I came home from work yesterday he was drunk (obv.) and he said FLAT OUT NO to going to rehab. I asked him why? He said he doesn't want his parents to know he has a problem... He lived with them for the better part of his life, they know obviously he has a problem. And his second reason was that he would no longer be able to purchase a gun.

Honestly, his parents know. And second, he threatens suicide. He should not be allowed to own a gun in the first place. He doesn't understand that he is so depressed BECAUSE of the alcohol. The alcohol isn't numbing the pain, it's making this worst.

He said he is willing to go to detox (72 hour incubation period with low dose Valium). But, I don't think he will be able to come home from that and not stop and get a 12 pack.

I don't know what to do. It just keeps getting worst.

Honestly,