View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cassie6

Anorexia / Bulimia

Hello.

I posted a while back (I feel ever so bad for not following up my first original post, as the comments I received were invaluable - so thank you to everyone who responded on my previous posts).

I have now not had a single drink for 72 days. I used to be a 3/4 of a bottle of wine a night drinker (only because it felt better to say I wasn't on a bottle a night...)

I, however, truly believe that my primary addiction was not alcohol (I sometimes tried to trick people into believing I was an alcoholic - something I now regret...) but Anorexia.

It resulting in the only way I was could eat was by having (one (I was so tiny) vodka and diet cola, to calm my nerves, I would say to almost sedate me).

Sorry for the backstory! I am sober (but still Anorexic / Bulimic, I have contacted my Doctor (who does not help in any way, shape of form) ( I have also contacted every Anorexia / Eating Disorder clicic / recovery group and been added to the waiting list for counselling (which is 36 months).

I have tried attending AA in relation to my Eating Disorder (which resulted in me drinking) but I am finding it hard to relate.

I have tried contacting the charity 'BEAT' but there in 10 years I have never the experience of anyone answering the phone.

I apologise for the length of my post(!) but I am looking for someone who has perhaps had alcohol as a 'secondary addiction' (if that's even possible). Or ANYONE who has experienced an Eating Disorder, I feel as though I am in the depths of it.

Best Wishes, Cassie x