View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tomsteve

good on ya for 45 days, unstable!
which I hope that username changes in the future.
it can be a bugger when meetings aren't available, that's why I have many phone numbers. I can call just about anyone at any time.

families can be a bugger and you sure are getting some learning experiences now!
you could have went to a halfway house, but sooner or later this was going to happen. and apparently your HP is sayin sooner! I hate it when my HP gives me lessons when im not ready or don't want them, but how else are we to learn to live life on lifes terms?

im thinkin the suggestion for giving them literature is a good one. imo, getting a copy of the big book for them and when the questions come in, you could simply say," the first 164 pages in the big book can explain it better than I can at this time."
you could also have a little conversation with them, something like," im very glad your supporting me and my recovery and are very interested in learning about alcoholism. but in all honesty at this time I dont fully understand it and don't know how to explain it and when I get all these questions about something I don't fully understand and cant explain, it really frustrates me.
but the big book explains it very well."

unstable, youre doing the right thing. it reads like your parents have some unresolved issues themselves. they are sick,too.