Thread: Fearing a slip
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dame

Thank you so much everyone, As always good, solid and very sensible advice.
The cravings are waning now. I forgot that I hadn't eaten in 18 hours and didn't sleep last night [HALT], so I'll eat and try for a nap.
And I'm gong to do something I've wanted to do for a while now. I'm going to write up my OWN explanation of my recent medical history and trials and send it to my new Dr. I won't be self-pitying, but I will "call out" the offenders (with plenty of dates and data). I'll make sure he has it before my next visit. All the drs. in this city know or know OF each other. At the same time they must also know of the abuses. I initially liked him because he is an Indian Man (wow, diversity here!), probably in his early 70's (yay! Old School), and I won't expect him to agree that many Drs. here are jerks, but I'm going to make my case anyway. He really did seem nice.

Again, thank you so much good friends. I remembered what you have said here before: "why didn't you tell us BEFORE you drank." I'm glad I did. I'm still thinking of red wine, but my head has been getting so much clearer the past week, I just can't go back to living in that alcoholic induced dementia anymore.
Sending you love and gratitude.
And any more suggestions about how to deal with this mess would be greatly appreciated if you have been through this yourselves - or just have any ideas('health care' is such a darned racket).