Thread: Insomnia
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
stevieg46

Hi C 3 .

While back after experiencing my spiritual awakening , I actually believe I ''overdosed '' on really going all out at maintaining ''conscious contact '' I was reading AA history every single day , I was on 6 recovery forums trying to carry the message , I was getting PM s , I was going to meetings and believe me it wasn't funny , I got that I could not switch off , I was pleading with God to please just let me sleep , I was going to the gym 6 days a week from 7am with little sleep ''but full of energy ?'' honestly . It was a nightmare until I deliberately cut down the pattern I had got myself into , I actually started saying to God ''enoughs enough '' to shut my head off , I cut down on a lot of AA activity and got ''balanced '' I started reading some non recovery books , dropped forum activity and try to keep off forums after 8 pm . I never was a great sleeper I sleep for a couple of hours if I am lucky then nod off and on until about 5 .30am , I go to bed about 10.30 pm , I now do the gym doing a full work out Mon Wed and Friday and include sauna and steam room and Jaccuzi , Tues Thurs and Saturday I do sauna/steam/Jaccuzi /swim for relaxation purposes .

Discipline was the key for me , looking at what needed changing what I knew could not go on , the way I was, was not what you could call normal , it was all excessive , so I got balanced out, I still continue with conscious contact, and some forums I do 3 meetings a week now, that has became a ''way of life '' like you I do most things in a relaxed manner , no hurry no worry , if I lie awake sometimes it does not bother me too much , at least I am resting, ''I stopped telling myself how much sleep I needed '' I nod off for about an hour most afternoons , , I am sleeping a bit better than I was , now ? I do not worry about it . take care .
Regards Stevie recovered 12 03 2006