Thread: Bad dream
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

hug to you

Sounds like you could use a big hug, E.

Well, we cannot control our dreams, and we cannot always control our feelings. To some extent I'd like to believe we have some control over where our thoughts meander to....I know for myself, if I get to thinking too much about a certain line of thought, it can dredge up feelings and that can be not so good for you right now as you are trying to get over this past relationship. How to overcome this? Well, try not to think about WHAT the ex is doing and WHO he is currently with. Sure there was/is something good about him or you would have never been with him in the first place. But, for obvious reasons the relationship turned out to not be good for you....and you deserve to be in a relationship that is good, good for you, and right. I found it helpful when trying to get over unpleasant feelings to write, like you've already done...reaching out to help others is also a good thing...and realize you're not alone. He probably has his share of regrets and in all likelihood his current relationship is not ideal by any means. Hang in there...