View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Don't forget freeze - fight, flight or freeze.

Originally Posted by SoloMio View Post
But what is courage? What am I supposed to confront? What am I supposed to fight? If the meek inherit the earth I think I own Texas.
When I read this ^^, I immediately remembered these quotes:

“Courage is a heart word. The root of the word courage is cor - the Latin word for heart. In one of its earliest forms, the word courage meant "To speak one's mind by telling all one's heart." Over time, this definition has changed, and today, we typically associate courage with heroic and brave deeds. But in my opinion, this definition fails to recognize the inner strength and level of commitment required for us to actually speak honestly and openly about who we are and about our experiences -- good and bad. Speaking from our hearts is what I think of as "ordinary courage.”
― Brené Brown, I Thought It Was Just Me: Women Reclaiming Power and Courage in a Culture of Shame

“Faith is a place of mystery, where we find the courage to believe in what we cannot see and the strength to let go of our fear of uncertainty..... Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.”
― Brené Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are