Old 08-24-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Neverthought

I've been meaning to tell a little story that occurred on Saturday during my sweat-fest and search for a window A/C unit. As mentioned I did find two nice units.

I installed the small bedroom unit, but I needed help with the larger living/dining room unit. So, I tried but I was sweating (and detoxing) profusely. I don't like to ask to help, but in dire need, went over and asked my neighbor. His family just moved in last year and we're still getting to know each, though we've put many a drink away already in the get-to-know process. So, he helps me install the unit and runs back to his house to get some tape to help seal the unit. He shows up and drops a beer on my table along with his. My heart stops....holy crap, what do I do. My first thought was to just pretend to drink and then I thought, what about the next time?.....and then I just blurted it out..."I'm on the wagon"...he pauses and says.................."I respect that".

We continued to finish the installation and he sighs, who am I doing to drink with now. I think it was a little guilt trip, but not one trying to deter me.

After completing and on the way out, we then stand outside my garage and he begins to tell me that two years ago, he had a benign tumor removed from this throat and long story short went 362 days without a drink.

So, there's a few points I want to make. Hold your ground, it feels great to beat the AV and you never know the history or background of someone (Paradigm Shift 101). When he told me he went 362 days, my first thought was, crap, I only made it 3 months, not wholly molly, you must have been scared ****less. Though I did console him on how difficult that must have been, after my selfishness.

The reality is, this just added to my motivation to quit forever.

What a strange but positive turn of events.

Thanks for reading.....if you read it. It's long, I know