View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ItsJustMe89

Thank you for all the responses and offering a different perspective.

I really do think it had a lot to do with fear and ego. I know she is treating me different. Very much so at the ladies meeting on Friday night. I could tell she was anxious and seemed uncomfortable even being in the same room as me. And she took forever to say something to me after the meeting. I waited and waited for her but rather talk to anyone but me. So I tried to talk to one of the other ladies so I wouldn't be just standing there waiting. And as I was telling her that I had to get another white chip and I feel really bad about the whole thing, I started crying. So some of the ladies started giving me hugs. That's when my sponsor finally come over and acknowledged me. The next 2 days she didn't answer the phone when I called. I think she needed some time to digest the situation and deal with how she feels about it. But now she is answering the phone and trying to do the right thing. Things will be different then they were before I relapsed but I think eventually it will get better. I do think she took my relapse really personally and she is very sensitive. She was always so proud to introduce me to people as her sponsee. So I think it really disappointed her.

I am doing okay tho. Just trying to string some days together.