View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Girlfriend

Thank you both!!

My counselor today said "What are you doing taking his calls? That's just setting yourself up again for a fall".

Which, she's right and........ wrong. And, I told her so about how I felt. She's right because by me picking up the phone, even once, to listen to him boo-hoo and get so dramatic, is giving him the "go ahead" sign that he can still talk to me.

But, wrong, in that I've learned that he's just full of bull and is throwing temper tantrums trying to get attention again. He's run out of people to do that with. His Dad is the only one in the family left that will talk to him after the getting kicked out of rehab.And, then there's been me. But, my feelings for him have changed, I don't believe a word he says, I don't fall for the "O, woe is me" crap because he got there himself. I don't believe him when he blames me....I don't choose to own that anymore. I don't call him and don't plan on it.

My counselor also said "I wouldn't be surprised if he tried the suicide attempt thing again". Honestly, me neither. He's just screaming out for some one to "save" him only HE doesn't have any one to do that anymore with. It's this or jail. He can't just "walk this one off" and pass it by like in the past.

What I am kind of afraid of is him coming to my house drunk and starting something. I'd immediatly call 911 and not go outside at all.

I just can't wait until Monday comes!