View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Delizadee

You're not alone my friend although I am past the stage of being lonely and wishing I had someone to love me... that just feels like playing with fire to me right now (just for myself personally, not anyone else)
Congratulations on 14 months!!! That's awesome.
Have you done anything lately to treat yourself or given yourself some downtime? I understand that law school can be awfully taxing. Have you tried some meditation, or mindfulness, positive affirmations type things?

Try not to be so hard on yourself. We all have a lot to learn about living. I don't think that process ever ends for anyone except for those who coast through life on default or good luck I suppose.
Take all those crummy words you said about yourself and turn it around:
"I feel a little lonely but I know I'm not alone in life. I smartened up and ended an abusive relationship and now I am going to treat myself well and become stronger, wiser and more humble in my day to day life. I deserve to be treated well, and it has to start with how I treat me."

Takes a little work, but I think it would do you a lot of good if you work at rewording that inner tape that runs through your head.
You're doing good. You should be SO proud of yourself. You have a lot going for you... and a lot to give.