Thread: Justice?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

The purpose of this post is not to pity myself or elicit the same from anyone else, nor is it a passive aggressive attempt to coax "Happy Birthday" wishes from anyone. (Although, they are welcome! )

It is my 51st birthday, and it is another day of feeling emotionally crushed. Neither of my kids has said a word to me today. That's 2 birthdays in a row wherein they didn't even acknowledge me. The first one hurt, but I could kinda understand it, but this one... It's like their mother has not only taught them to be rude but to also be downright cruel. My 15 year old daughter, especially, knows better.

What can I do, though? My sponsor reminded me to not let my difficulties with my kids undercut the progress I've made on myself. It's like, after all the awesome things that have happened in the past 16 months, that one dark cloud still looms overhead. Gotta admit, it fills me with a sense of dread and foreboding to consider what I'm probably gonna have to do to address this. I'm nowhere near giving up.

Of course, I may get a belated surprise from my oldest daughter just as I did a few days after Father's Day. That would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.