View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Urrrmmm. Have you considered that she may be busy? I think there could be some fear and ego running riot here.

I would suggest reading that leaflet on sponsorship. There is some really helpful information in there.

I sponsored someone who was a friend first and a sponsee next. To be honest, that didn't work out. Too many blurred boundaries. Perhaps you would be better off keeping your friend as a friend and get a sponsor who is just that.

The trouble with sponsoring a friend is that sometimes you sometimes end up wanting them to get sober more than they do themselves, and that just doesn't work. And it's not good for the sponsors sobriety either.

Your sponsor isn't the only person you can call. You can call anyone in the fellowship for a chat if she is busy. She is there to guide your through the steps, not be at your beck and call at the drop of a hat. It's not her job to entertain you, take her out with her pals, rebuild your life for you, etc. In fact, that would be pretty enabling behaviour. She should not do anything for you that you are capable of doing yourself.

Often we get peeved when others don't meet our expectations. There are two things here. The person. Our expectations. One of them we need to ask for the serenity to accept. The other we need to change / adjust. Which do you think is which?