Old 08-21-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by Bulldogluv View Post
I'm so happy to have found this site. I'm in a lot of pain. My husband entered detox 3wks ago and now in recovery. Before going into recovery he told me of his 4 year affair with his assistant. Who is 16 years younger. He told me everything in detail where they did everything. And what they did sexually also including giving her money for a car. Gifts and taking her out to events. All this while taking care of my sick mother. This 4yr affair happened a couple years back. So he thinks I should automatically forgive him. I just found out! My heart is broken. And since being in recovery he saying the affair was all due to his alcoholism .
Please help!
So sorry for what brings you here. You might want to check out the friends and family area as there are lots of people who have walked your path ahead of you.
Have you decided whether you're sticking around or not? I don't think anyone would blame you if you decided enough was enough. Especially as he is not taking any real responsibility for his actions.
I hope with a bit more time and guidance in recovery he can stay sober, and learn how to behave better, and be less self-serving.
Sending prayers your way. I hope you get lots of support. Have you reached out to AlAnon or similar?