View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FutureTrip

Absolutely his only focus right now is to return to HIS normal. He's not making any steps because he thinks he can convince me to make it happen.

I'm sure it's getting to the point of taking the gloves off, but it's so damn hard. I'm trying to at least get him to sign the custody petition and then I'll feel much better about becoming more hard about everything else.

This is just not me. We spent many, many years placating each other, accepting less than from each other, soothing each other's egos and trying to make each other feel better about our short comings. Learning to hold him accountable is a steep learning curve for me. I'm trying but it's damn hard. I'm proud of myself for sticking to my guns on the divorce and not allowing giving him any indication that he can move back in. That's big for me. But he keeps pushing back in little ways. Not that I can expect anything else from him.

He's a good person, a kind person, someone who is very broken and who has never known how to make things better for himself. He thinks it's my responsibility to keep my end of the deal to care for him. And it makes me feel so damn guilty.