View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Mark1014

Originally Posted by yukonm View Post
Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today INCLUDING MYSELF!!

Today, August 21 2016, I am celebrating 9 years clean and sober!!

I am feeling very grateful about my life today as I write this. That hasn’t always been the case. And even though I work hard on my inner development on a daily basis, even though I know I deserve to feel good, I am aware that I’ve been given an amazing gift …… because of the grace of God, I was given a second chance at life. My recovery from many addictive behaviors started 9 years ago after almost 40 years of drug and alcohol abuse. It wasn’t pretty. I was in very bad shape in every possible way…..physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. There was a lot of work I needed to do on myself. How glad I am today that I was willing to do all the personal recovery work required. All the hard work was so worthwhile. I gradually learned that all I had to do was take it one day at a time and ask God to guide my thoughts and actions. Today I enjoy working with women who want to change the way they are living. What I know is that the life I used to live was far more painful than anything I have gone through after making the choice to no longer use those self-destructive behaviors. For any of you who are currently thinking about making the choice to become healthier, I really want to encourage you to be on that wonderful, self-respectful path. The journey of self-discovery will be the most awesome “trip” you’ll ever take! Today I would like to thank those who helped me along my journey, those who have traveled with me and those who are witness to my transformation. I wish you all love and light, one day at a time.

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 6:57am in Jacksonville, Florida
Today's inspiration! Thanks for taking the time to make this post and congratulations.....I'll join you in another 24.