View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sunshine1234

How frustrating, to say the least. I can relate to wanting an amicable relationship for your daughter...I would love that for my kids as well. However, I just don't see that being possible now and maybe never. I agree that I think he's lying about the lawyer. My STBAXH did that to me for months...always throwing the "my attorney said this and that" in my face. There was never an attorney. Now I've filed for divorce...serving him this week. My lawyer told me originally sole custody is hard to get but now 4 months later after he's refused to submit to a drug test and all of his erratic behavior my attorney said of course we will go for sole with supervised visits...it's clear there is no other option since he can't be alone with the kids. My advice is keep your strings tight and don't play nice...you can always loosen the strings later on if he shows improvement. It's easier this way then trying to go back and tighten them. My therapist gave me a good analogy...picture a colander...its filled with several holes. Your husband is going to keep trying to find ways through to you...to stir things up...you need to just keep plugging up the holes so he has no way to get to you and manipulate you. Stay strong...here for you!