Old 08-19-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bluelily

Iīm a bit worried about the "Iīll stop drinking when the baby comes"-part. A new baby makes things infinitely more challenging, not easier. Thereīs a lot of BS myths about how having a baby will make everything right, how couples will bond over this new child and everyone will be on their best behavior. The truth is, having a baby requires you take a step into the background while the baby takes center stage - that is just how things are. It has to be like that because a newborn is completely dependent on the parents.
And I canīt see someone with a drinking problem do this, itīs all about them. Youīll need all your energy for your baby, and if your husband is an alcoholic heīll want this attention for himself.

I know you canīt really fathom yet what life with a baby is like when youīre pregnant - itīs in your belly and it doesnīt seem like an actual person. My hope is that you will find support for yourself for when the baby is there, and understand that your husbandīs problems are his to deal with, you canīt burden yourself with them.