Old 08-19-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jml8

Originally Posted by MrPL View Post
Hi jml8,

I can definitely relate. I am 33 now but I also have an addictive personality, find it easy to focus on something good or bad for a while but then get bored easy.

Like you I've always been able to focus on good things (reading, studying, exercising) and at your age was also drinking and taking mostly psychedelic drugs. But not long afterwards I progressed to ecstasy and coke, and the drinking went crazy. It was a nightmare to quit drugs but I eventually did it, as for the drinking I am still trying to quit it now.

I think it's great that you stopped here, it is the right thing to do. Have a good read on everyone's experiences and you will get ideas of how to solve your problem.

My piece of advice is to challenge yourself. It doesn't matter how intelligent you are, there s always something that'll challenge your head and keep you focused. But you do need to stop with the drugs and alcohol, if you think they are a problem now I promise you it will only get worse.

P
Thanks for sharing. Good to hear about the success with drug abstinence. I can definitely see that being easier to stop than alcohol, especially after pushing the limits over time.

Tomorrow is going to be my first attempt at comitted sobriety. Any tips on how to resist the inevitable urges? I've just started to scan the site, I'm sure I'm stumble upon a few success stories