Thread: 226 days sober
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
stillpooh19

Thanks everybody!

Kaily - I have been drinking for about 25 years. Definitely much heavier in the past 10 years. I did the college drinking thing, then I spent about 5 years being pregnant so I was drinking then. Then somewhere in the past 10 years i crossed the line from social drinking to heavy drinking. The real problem is I didn't realize just how much I was drinking. Over the past 5 years, I drank every day. Usually 4-5 shots of vodka and a bottle a wine every day. Except weekends...I would drink much heavier then.

How did I stop? I prayed and asked God to take it away and he did just that! I know that sounds cliche' but that's really what happened. I went through acute withdrawals at home, something I would NEVER recommend anyone do. At about 45 days, I couldn't take the anxiety and depression so I went to treatment for 30 days. I have not had any cravings, but my body is definitely showing me how much damage I caused drinking and how much healing I need to do.
It's not easy work, but you can do it! I still need reminders of this each day, but things have gotten better with small improvements each day.

Julia8- You can do it! When times get rough, reach out to somebody. Hang out in the forums or find a meeting to go to. Meetings always make me feel better. I remember day 4, I DID NOT thinking I was going to make it, but here I am months later.