Thread: new
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Winslow

I need to document better what happened, after I drank on day 105 for 2 days,I dusted myself off and managed 4 days sober and was feeling pretty good, perhaps TOO good cuz I then decided to go get beer so maybe it's good to beat myself up a little better cuz if I just dust off,I think I can get away with it again, I can't! This last relapse was brutal,not the first day or the second, heck not even the third but by the fourth day I knew I had to stop the madness,I tried to "taper" the fifth day out but I just kept sweating it out,I begged my family to get me more,they wouldn't and thank goodness nobody did,although my daughter did offer to run on the down low, I couldn't have her go for me,so I went upstairs, took a benadryl and slept for about 12 hours straight, woke up shakey and hot but knew I had to hang tough,I drank tons of water and a protein shake with b-vits,kept a banana down,did laundry, water,water,tried noodles and a vitamin supplement, later threw that up,water,knew I had to eat so drank a bit of pepto and ate some pasta,watched tv with hubs until a suitable time,took a melatonin and slept sweating all night,woke up went to work foggy,groggy and jeez finally remember why I don't drink!! So that was my past 4 days,hard won days that I'm lucky to have.