View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by 53500 View Post
Good idea. I'd stick with one of the options that keeps a car in your name. Not saying anything whatsoever about your bf. For me, having had a car in my own name since I was 16, it would be unthinkable to not have that. Even if someone offered me a 100% free and better car I'd have it in my name or turn down the offer.

Knowing you're financially independent is huge. Having your own assets is huge. I see nothing whatsoever wrong with your bf's offers but still, driving someone else's car - yuk. Just my opinion.
I hear you. My name is actually on my son's Lexus.
My big issue is that I don't become too dependent on my boyfriend. It's about protecting myself from future codependency and from an imbalanced relationship.

He may not see it that way honestly. He doesn't come from dysfunction like I do and so he doesn't understand how his helping me can be construed as anything other than what it is. He's very direct and straightforward. There are no game with him. He doesn't understand manipulation or passive aggressiveness. I mean, he truly can't wrap his brain around it and he walks away from folks that bring those things into relations with him mainly because he can't read between the lines.

I mean, literally, the man does not read cues. I can NOT ever beat around the bush with him or drop a cue that I'd like him to do something differently. I have to spell it out exactly as I'd like it to be. There's something refreshing about being in a relationship where I don't have to always react or wait for the other shoe to drop.