View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Yours Truly

I'm sorry that my posts tend to move so quickly and that they are so verbose. For a long, long, time I have had no one to talk to other than my boyfriend and I haven't posted on message boards in about 6 or 7 years. By choice, I don't have any friends. I probably won't develop any close personal relationships here. I've been stepped on a lot and I have a lot of unresolved issues with trust.

This is basically an accountability thread for me. After I wrote the above post, it lead me to think about needs vs wants. I need this thread. If I don't have something to keep myself accountable and give myself some structure I will become complacent and my mind will pretty much turn into a wandering, redundant blob of protoplasm.

Peeps, I don't have any expectations for you to hang around, okay? There are folks in these forums who have much, much bigger issues than mine who will probably die tomorrow, whose spouses or daughters or sons might die tomorrow. . . .or today or next week. And, of course, everyone needs to take care of themselves as well.

In other thoughts, I want to mention again that it would be nice if there were a forum for addicts and previous addicts who are co-dependent. I mean, addicts and previous addicts have developed behaviors which have caused them become reliant on different sources to support their habits, no?