View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
InParticular

FBL I was just going to try to upload a picture of the concert for you guys, but I'm enjoying my 20 minutes of morning solitude at the moment and didn't want to ruin it with frustration!!!! I'll try to get to it today. (Yeah right.) The concert was great, they still totally rock and what amazing musicians, really, Slash especially, he blew everyone away. They played "Wish You Were Here", he and the Izzy-replacement guitar duoed it, no vocals, it was great. Opened with It's So Easy, played all the big hits, the best for me was Estranged, Don't Cry, November Rain. Axl was good, pipes were on but there were a few moments when we could have sworn he was lip syncing but I guess not. It was fun, and let me tell you, not drinking is just so much better. My best buddy who I went with, has been sober for about four years, we used to party together, now we're sober together haha, it's pretty great. And it's just so good to just enjoy the music. The people we went with were all getting wasted, the one couple left almost half way through because the woman was so drunk, and you know they were all painfully hungover the next morning. We were up early, getting coffee at Stumptown (best) and had time to cruise around Pike Place Market before heading back. Oh yeah, and parking our own car and driving home from a rock concert? Yeah.
Anyway my down time is over I gotta go! This new job, oy. Started monday. They work from 8am to 8-9pm. It's keeping me on my toes, that's for sure. It's constant all day, nonstop. Literally nonstop, like no lunch break practically. But, the people are cool and I have an assistant which is amazing!
I gotta go, have a good one Overs.