View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Liz.....I would like to express my previous post more clearly.
I was just trying to say that, SOMETIMES, the cumulative effect of one person doing a lot of helping, over time, can leave the other person feeling "beholding" to the helping person......especially if the situation dynamics should change...down the road.....
I was offering a certain perspective for your consideration.......

dandylion
I understand. I just see the whole picture. The man who got up at 3 AM with me last night when my stomach was upset and put his hand on my shoulder and gently rubbed my back, and offered his concern and 'whatever I needed' to help me feel better. The man who made me breakfast this AM and brings me my tea every morning. I see the whole relationship. We both give because our primary love languages are acts of service. I give him a massage, he drops off my court docs and pays my $25 filing fee for me. I do the laundry, he does the dishes and so much more around the house. I honestly believe we have a good partnership.

So far, neither one of us has expressed contempt or expressed resentments because of perceived imbalances in our relationship. There's a lot of give and take and sometimes I take more than I give and vice versa.

Hey, the man cooks dinner every weeknight. Right there it tells me he's a keeper, LOL!