View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
MIRecovery
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
I don't unfortunately so that's why I walked in the doors of that first meeting yesterday. I'm not sure who to turn to. Right now I'm just hoping this all doesn't get too much worse. We had all these plans including this coming weekend for my birthday with friends. I was making a bit of money, got my dog back, my girl back and now that's all gone. Not gonna be my best birthday. I guess it's going to be a birthday of a different sort for me this year. Saying goodbye to all the bs that got me to this point and starting a new life. That's my only option left even though it's going to be the biggest hardship I've gone through. I appreciate the support guys. I really do.
You worded it perfectly. Getting rid of al the bs that got me to this point. One word is advice. When you get rid of the bs there is not a lot of things left over. There will be a large vacuum which it is critical to fill. I can only speak for myself but I filled it with AA. If I wasn't eating, sleeping, or working I was at AA. Slowly but surely I ventured out into the real world and today I have a balanced life which AA is a necessary part of but my life is so much more than AA