View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Kris47

Smile

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
(((Martina and Bluewaters)))---I'm right there with you and love the wise words of Suze and Strat!

Work has always been one of my top stressors/drinking triggers and the past couple of weeks have been really stressful. In reality though, it is how I handle the stress that determines how my life moves forward. Work is work.....it gives me some degree of satisfaction and the paycheck keeps the lights on. My life in general is so much more than how my career defines me and I must remind myself of that each day.

So when work overwhelms me I touch base with my Sobriety basics, like Suze said, and take it 1 Day at a time. And like Strat suggested, planning ahead and looking forward to activities, people and places outside of work.

Martina--I'm also at 7.5 months, PAWS is real and it's happening! Personally I do whatever it takes to stay sane during work hours. I take mini walking breaks, drink tons of water, have healthy high protein snacks on hand, breathe and say positive affirmations, take restroom breaks and watch silly animal clips on my phone during said breaks-

Yesterday I almost resigned but then something wonderful happened and my day just brightened up. So yesterday was a powerful reminder that taking it 1 Day at a time applies to all areas in my life.

Take care all.....xxxx
Love your message, Bandi.

Bump!