View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
DrakeCKC

Hi all:

Well, I have been missing in action for a bit. The truth is that I am not an Over any longer. While cleaning out a refrigerator no longer used, a neighbor gave me a bottle of vodka, I told him I would get rid of it. It was a temptation so some tonic was bought and I started filling my glass.

But I stopped after 3 or so (as was my usual, I never counted I just just refreshed every so often) and thought you.. (not printable here!) So it was poured out and I learned a lesson.

Gratitude: I knew when to stop. I knew that not doing so would result in trouble. I attribute the bulk of my weight loss (about 50lbs) to no alcohol and I did not want to mess that up. I enjoy size 34 pants and medium sizes instead of 42 and XL.

So done. Over. The great experiment is past. I am not beating myself up. I am not looking for or wanting sympathy. I am not where I used to be. I know I do not want to go back. If anything, this little episode strengthened my desire to keep sober. The alternative is not worth it.

So there it is.

In other news, singing season has started and I am so thrilled that my infamous nemesis is gone. He got sideways with the director and the church Rector when he demanded to have regular solos and to be the tenor section leader. I would have quit. Much more pleasant.

My building is finally getting the big masonry project underway. Finding both good and bad conditions in the 100 year old brick and iron.

HRH is slowing down. Back legs have some dysplasia and weakness so the dreaded walks are shorter and fewer. She does not seem to mind.

It is a mess in south Louisiana. I have a friend whose small hometown is about underwater. Hope for a speedy end to all the rain. They could send some here.

All from Duckland, off to check up on you all.

Don't worry about me. I am fine. And wiser!