View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

My first thought was - what's the point of one drink per hour and limiting yourselves to three? You won't get a buzz, so why bother at all? Is it so you'll fit in somehow? Or because you've never tried a concert sober? Or is it to somehow prove to yourself you can limit yourselves? The problem with proving to yourselves you can limit, if you can, this time, is that it opens up the door to more "research" that could spiral out of control down the road. This is a very dangerous form of denial, IMO. Sure - I had times when I could moderate here and there - then I could rationalize to my heart's content and tell myself I wasn't really an alcoholic. But when I didn't or couldn't moderate, very bad things happened. You already know this is the case with yourself, also. You did 18 months sober once before. Do that again. You've already started. Keep going. When that 18 months is over, do it again and again and again. Or do it one month, week, day at a time. Whatever it takes. This disease is progressive. Nip it in the bud before something truly disastrous happens.