View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
MesaMan

We went out for a fun Dinner last Night with this wild Couple, and various Pals. Some Wine at the far end of the Table, but non-Drinkers around me. Alcohol is all a big *meh* for me now. The Drinkers were older Normies.

My DJ/Sound Engineer Pal peeled off a few of his endless Stories. He was Stage Sound Monitor Mixer for Elton John. 'Precise' Gent that Elton is, he was fastidious about what he heard through the Monitors, and his Sunglasses. In 'Other Duties As Required', my Pal was also in charge of a 6' High - 4' Wide - 4' Deep Case with long Drawers. The contents? ~3,200 Pairs of Elton's Sunglasses. Between groups of Songs, Elton would pop over and get suggestions for which ones to wear next. My Pal became thee Senor of Sunglasses, since his near-clairvoyant recommendations were always a hit with the fawning Young Dudes up front by the Stage. He then had to wipe them down, once worn, in a 3 Step Process like cleaning up Chemistry Glassware. Then, a final Wipe-down with Isopropyl, and store them back in the same spot in this yuge Flight Case. When my Bi-polar Pal is 'up', as he was last Night, you wind up in stitches from his Story delivery. Priceless!

In rearranging Stereo Gear today, I ran across this lil Visitor seen below. Must be a Female, since her Head was on straight!

And, delayed Kudos to you as well, Forward. Sorry that I missed your Post this Morning. The best thing about the early Days of Sobriety? They eventually end.