View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CodeJob

I searched for codependent on a local counselor listing. An older woman said she liked to deal with codependents. I liked her picture. She was close to my work. Sign me up! I went to her while I was in crisis for several months. She mostly let me rant in circles. But some of my rants cued me into how this was a lifelong behavior for me. I knew I needed some intervention myself!

I used my EAP to find a male counselor for my son. They found one close to my house with evening appointments. So my son had me go in the room with him and we had a few great sessions there. All were covered by the EAP. Months later I decided I needed help and went back alone to this guy. It was nice that I got several free sessions via the EAP too. My co-pay for counseling is $40 a session. I often came in with a list so I made the most of my time. I worked the steps during this time too and working through my past and why I respond to situations and laying groundwork for new responses was worth every penny. Every penny.

I've got some threads about my time with Mr. T and you can search for them if you like.