View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FriendofBill
1000 Post Club

Well if you and I arent in the SAME boat!

Good for you for encouraging her to share her feelings, especially keeping a journal! Great way to get her feelings out.

My son, 13, is now becoming angry at his A fathers behavior. I and his therapist encourage him to say how he feels, to me and his father. He hasnt been able to confront his father yet, but he is getting to that point. It takes courage to do that.Kids are very reluctant to be upfront about their negative feelings to the person who has hurt them.

One thing Im learning is that I must let him have his own relationship with his father and I need to butt out and not fight his battles for him. I do not speak to his father about our son's feelings of him. Basically its not my business to do that, just as its not my business to tell one friend that another is upset with them.

My ex constantly accuses me of brain washing him agaisnt his father. I just let those accusations fall into the wind. I know the truth and thats enough for me. Its the disease talking.

Keeping on reassuring her that her dad does love her,,,whether you think its true or not. That helps her to know that she is wanted and loved eventho he prob cant show it now.

I have come to accept that I am the only dependable and consistent parent he has, for today anyway, and that brings me more comfort for him that you can imagine.

You keep building a good relationship of trust and love with her and she will blossom.

Good for you!