View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
escape artist

what would you do?

so i asked my daughter today (she's almost 11) how she was feeling about her dad. she said she didn't know. i asked her if she was mad at him, since she is very ambivalent about calling her dad. she said yes she was.

i tried to let her know that it is ok to feel how she feels, and suggested she write in her diary how she feels-no matter what - and it will help her sort out her feelings about this. i told her i didn't know if it would be ok or not to call him and tell him that she was mad at him. but i reassured her that he loved her with all his heart and she could still talk to him- he would probably listen. but not that anything she says will actually change him or this situation.

i don't know if i should just let it be until they decide what they do, or if i should call him and let him know that she IS mad at him and that is why she won't call him. this is kind of tricky for i don't know if it's a "behavior" of the "not speaking to him because i am mad, and expect him to read my mind" or if it is the anger from her grieving process.

he has allready accused me of keeping the kids from him and brainwashing them to not want to do anything with him. (it's been less than 2 months since he has been gone)
any suggestions about this one? thanks.