View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
LBrain

mindfulness... I discovered I am becoming short tempered lately... too busy 'living life' lately and not taking the necessary timeouts I need to mellow myself...
like the other day when I quickly got angry over something - it's actually a build up/combination of things - something that is likely to not change. As much as I try, I can't change another, I can only change myself. So I guess the "count to ten" before I react must be brought into play once again. I'll be up to a million in no time tho...
Have a good weekend all. I'll be camping for a few days. Got a whitewater raft trip Saturday. Gonna spend one day showing my guest the history of the anthracite coal region, stop at Eckley Miner's Village and take a coal mine tour at the Pioneer Coal Tunnel, see the Mauch Chunk Jail etc. Kayak and fish. And hopefully cook fish over the fire, if the crappie or perch are willing. Which reminds me, I'm out of flour. And, try to catch a couple trout in a small stream below the dam, machete required to get to the stream - this guy has no idea what he's in for Fortunately he wears the same shoe size so there is already a pair of old disposable sneakers laying around to walk the stream... should be fun. And if we get a few trout - dinner or breakfast.
The good news is that I won't be packing 150 pounds of beer in the jeep, or a 'bottle'. It's a no alcohol facility. No more drinking beer out of sippy cups for me. Or having to hide the beer cooler - they check. Nothing to hide here anymore...
I'll be in a perfect location to view the Perseid Meteor Shower (thanks Trach), but it's supposed to be rainy all weekend- tarp for fire wood needed.

And I can take some relaxin time by the lake at night - if it isn't raining...
otherwise, sit under a tarp and enjoy the rain...