Thread: Starting Over
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
JustFine

It's 4 am. I have likely lost my career and certification to work due to a bad judgement call based off a lot of exhaustion. I am still sober. I wanted to drink when I found out yesterday but my amazing boyfriend "talked me down". I have no idea who I am without that job. I lived it, breathed it, set my life around it.... There was no work-life balance. I lived to work and sometimes enjoy a Saturday off... Not a weekend. I have always worked... Been productive and now I don't know who I am. I turned 40 a week ago.......I got sober AGAIN 2 weeks ago. Became of that job ...and what I allowed it to do ...I lost my daughter's last year at home ( I was never here and if I was I was on my computer), I no longer exercised or went to the gym, I basically left my brother/best friend on his own to handle everything with my aging mother and I quit enjoying time with her and time is not on her side.
I can't sleep and I'm having an anxiety attack and it seems all I know about myself right now.... Is that I'm sober. Oh yeah and unemployed.