View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
uncorked

How scary! I'm glad you are ok and no one was hurt. I had a DUI about 12 years ago, it was horrible. I don't know what state you live in but I'm pretty sure if you show a judge that you have a concrete plan for treatment -- without waiting for them to send you someplace of the court's choosing -- you will look better to the judge. Line up something now, before you go to court. Alternatively, you could ask your attorney if you can go to rehab and then go to court. Sometimes they will let you do that. There was a guy in my rehab place -- a young, handsome, witty guy -- who had some serious drug charges when he came in. A felony, I think. He went through the entire program, gave it his all, and was able to avoid jail time. He's doing great now. Rehab really changed my life. I was terrified to go, but it has helped me with so many issues besides alcohol. PM me if you want info. I did a LOT of research on rehabs and one of my high school friends used to run one in CA. I got him to help me find a place. Good luck.