View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
HopeandFaith1

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
Your right bolero instead of getting so wrapped up in what ever future possible outcome I gotta remind myself it doesn't really matter it just is what it is whatever. I needed this thread today to help me get more grounded.
ZJW I feel your pain and I'm glad you posted. I've had a crappy week at work and like you, I used to turn to alcohol for solace and as a reward. I've worked at a big law firm for about ten years now. Everything is due yesterday and every t must be crossed and i dotted. At one point I took two and a half years off to work at an animal shelter which was a huge learning experience. But I had to go back to law for the money.

Anyway here's some perspective that helps me. My brother is a police officer and when I hear what he endures on a daily basis I realize how ridiculous it is for me to stress about work. An average day for him is getting cursed out and maybe even shot at. He has pulled children out of wreckage and has had someone commit suicide right in front of him. When I think about my little brother I feel ashamed to obsess over my job where I essentially push papers for "the man." I am guessing your job is similar to mine in that if we make a mistake, no one is gonna die over it. However I can also totally relate to the stress of tight deadlines, difficult Co-workers and tedious assignments. I do try to take pride in what I do but like you I definitely hit the wall sometimes. Try to hang in there, don't drink and buy lots of lottery tickets