View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
samantha14

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
So I've been drinking. I have moved to a new state and took a job that has a lot less stress. The workload is not ridicously heavy. I love my new job, love my coworkers, love my apartment and love my new city. Best part is there is plenty of free or low cost outdoor activities. Perfect place to get sober.

How will I accomplish this? Short term. I have orientation tonight for a 21 day challenge for an exercise boot camp type thing. I'm going to use this 21 days to make a ton of lifestyle changes. No drinking is my main goal on top of the daily exercise.

I have joined a weekly sport to occupy my mind and some time. I'm actively visiting churches so I can get back involved in one. I'm planning an outing at a museum with a friend and a long lost cousin will be coming to spend the day one day.

These are all short term, but ultimately this is how I want my life to be. Eating healthy, exercising, outdoor activities, hanging out with friends and family. A "normal" life.

The only thing about my life right now that I'm not happy about is the drinking.

That is my update. In 21 days I hope I've lost some weight and feel awesome.
I think your plan sounds AMAZING !! Exercise definitely helps me stay sober!! And I agree with ElleDee - AA isn't for everyone....do what's right for you!! Good luck at the orientation!!