Thread: Too Much?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 01:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Elle126

Hi madgirl, many congrats on achieving 5 months, you are doing so well. When drinking we let life slide by, we procrastinate, deal with it tomorrow etc etc but eventually tomorrow catches up and all of the tangled mess of a life on standby mode has to be faced. Usually in the first months of recovery. All we can do is try to tackle each problem or challenge one problem at a time bearing in mind that the biggest priority is staying sober.... Without that nothing gets done.
Changes in the early months for some of us are unavoidable, I have to sell my house(no choice) I have to find a job, no choice, I have no money, my relationship of 6 years ended 3 months ago so I'm on my own but that's ok. All I can do is face each day one day at a time, if I project into the future too much then my head hits the panic button so slowly slowly for me.
You can do this you know, that presentation you fear, if well prepared will be a breeze and you'll wonder what the hell was all that worry about. You'll move house into a new home where you will make happy new sober memories.
All will be well.
Elle