Old 08-07-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
MesaMan

I don't know of a Hair dissolving Product. Much less one that is inert. SOOOOO, I solve the problem another way.

With a 'classic' Drain Plunger seen below, I un-stick the Hair, and rinse it down.

Plunger 101. Wet the outer rim of it. You can even put some Vaseline on that rim. This provides the good seal you need from Plunger rim to Bath/Shower surface around the Drain. Push/pull hard on the Handle. Pushing down is only half the trick. Pull the Handle back up hard. Even if you break the seal.

Meanwhile, you gotta be pushing a wet Rag, or Plastic Bag, around the lil Handle halfway up the Tub Wall to create a seal around it simultaneously. This allows all the push/pull pressure you're creating to work the clog downward. Not just escape up and out past the lil Handle that you lift up on to fill the Tub. It also serves as an Overflow 'protector'. Water in a Tub that is filling up 'too' high will drain past that Handle. So, the lil Handle and the [clogged] Tub Drain are plumbed in parallel. Pressure you're creating won't push/pull on the clog if that pressure can just escape up and out the lil Handle. There is no lil Handle to worry about when plunging a Shower. This Handle is only on Tub/Shower combos.

The vigorous lift action on the Plunger Handle 'lifts' Hair up off what it's stuck on down in the Drain mechanism. You know when you're successful because the Water suddenly drains down pronto. This is a messy operation, so close the Shower Curtain and get on down!

I hope this makes sense.

- Plunger Pic -