View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lusher
Living Sober

Three Years Today!

Today marks years (3) of being booze-free and I wanted to check in and say hi.

When I joined this site I was already past the year one mark, however I wanted to join to share some of what I went through, as well as learn from others as well. I did spend a fair amount of time here, and I'm glad to see some old friends.

I stopped participating in this site as much, mainly because alcohol was no longer an issue with me. I was lucky enough to reinvent myself to where booze really never even enters my mind any longer. I even lost my father this past month and had a horrible breakdown of the family unit as a result, and still no urge to drink. Well, no 'real' urges anyhow.

Where I live has become very popular in the micro brew scene as well, and I have even gone into them to visit. I have not had anything to drink, however part of me feels that I might be able to 'tea-tote' one beer.

But, thanks to this site, I know where that would lead to, so no-go. I said that I did not have the urge to drink, but I still do feel as if I'm missing out a bit in the night time social events, but that's just how it has to be.

Anyhow, I wanted to show my face and say hey on my three year mark. I also wanted to let the newer folks know that it can get a lot better. Even though I am missing some of the night time fun, I have made up for it 10-fold in other areas- mainly fitness and health. I'm a far cry from where I was three years ago indeed.

Again, for those who are doubting their will or desire to stop, don't. I'm even enjoying concerts again, even without the booze.

Take-care and good health to everybody and stay the course.

Regards,
Lusher