Old 08-04-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
August252015

I FINALLY "gave in" to AA. After multiple rehab stays where I never intended to quit, went through the motions, and even drank, it was my last opportunity for a program. I am now almost 6 months sober and it is my LIFE. Sobriety through study, faith and a program of action are working for me.

There are other programs out there and at 10 days, yes, you are indeed still in the detox phase. It differs for everyone, but here's some info (my PAWS was severe and took weeks, others do not have such severity) -
https://www.google.com/url?hl=en&q=h...O325MgDct7lCUw

Though tempting, we all KNOW logically that drinking will not make us feel better. It will make things worse, and restart the process of getting sober yet again.

I would strongly suggest some program, whether AA, SMART, whatever. Having a plan - besides just not drinking and hoping for the best this time, as many of us tried (or like me, kinda sorta not really thought about, while we just kept drinking).

You can fight the AV and stay sober. If I can - seriously and with no hyperbole, if I can, given my horrific story - anyone can.

Good luck.