View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
firebolt

he is lucky basically not to be in jail and multiple charges of possession controlled substances, fraud, domestic violence.
How will he survive what? It sounds like he deserves for it to be much tougher than it is, and like he got a bargain!

How will you survive? I hope you will do that the case worker said and get to Alanon! I hope you will enjoy your peaceful home, take care of yourself, work on yourself, get to the roots of why you wouldn't report domestic violence, and yes, stop protecting him.

I'm sure this is hard for you. I'm sure you want him home - happy and healthy and being genuinely nice to you. THats the dream we all had / have when we got here - I totally understand!

If that's going to happen (and that is a BIG IF) then it will only happen by him doing what he needs to do to get healthy and make it right, while you simultaneously get healthy, stop enabling, and lay some boundaries. Alanon is a GREAT place to start for your part of it - and you have NO control over his part of it.